wrekin SX GRID biaxial geogrids can solve pavement problems by providing omni-axial reinforcement to granular sub-bases, capping layers & railway ballasts in areas of weak or variable soils.
When granular particles are compacted over these grids, they partially penetrate and project through the apertures to create a strong and positive interlock. The load dispersal effect from the interlocking mechanism increases shearing resistance within the soil, improving compaction and allowing the sub base thickness to be decreased, ultimately reducing construction time and costs.
Designed to maximise bearing capacity and shear resistance in basal reinforcement applications
|Product||Roll Size(m)||Tensile Strength (kN/m) note 1||Tensile Load (kN/m)||Junction
(%) note 2
|Pitch size (mm)||Rib width (mm)||Rib depth (mm)|
|2% Strain||5% Strain|
|SX Grid 2020||4 x 50||20||20||7.0||7.0||14.0||14.0||≥95||40.0||40.0||2.3||3.1||1.5||0.7|
|SX Grid 3030||4 x 50||30||30||10.5||10.5||21.0||21.0||≥95||40.0||40.0||2.4||3.7||2.4||1.0|
|SX Grid 4040||4 x 50||40||40||14.0||14.0||28.0||28.0||≥95||38.0||38.0||2.6||4.5||3.0||1.0|
- All strength and load figures are based on test results from manufacturer’s laboratory, measured in accordance with ISO 10319 at the temperature of 21±1°C and calculated as a lowest 95% confidence limit in accordance with ISO 2602.
- Measured by comparing the results of tests in accordance with test methods GRI/GG2 and GRI/GGI.
- Carbon Black content 0.5%.
- Other roll sizes are available to order.
Typical applications for Wrekin SX GRID:
- Construction haul roads
- Paved and unpaved roads
- Railways and ports
- Working platforms on weak sub-soils
- Parking and paved areas
- Multi-layer applications