Frame Installation Instructions
- Ensure you are wearing relevant PPE.
- Check that the chamber is dry, free of dust and debris. Dry any moisture.
- Using UniPak™ polyester resin mortar and UniPak™ stepped wedges, ScrewLift™ and packing plates (if required) install the manhole cover frame to the required height and alignment so that the final installation with ClickLift™ in place will be level with the top of the final surface layer. Be sure to consider the camber and gradient of the final surface layer.
- Wrekin advises the use of HAPAS approved polyester resin mortar to comply with the advanced requirements of the Civil Engineering Specification for the Water industry (CESWI) Sewers for Adoption (SfA) “E6.7 2. Frames for manhole covers shall be bedded in polyester resin bedding mortar in all situations where covers are sited in NRSWA Road Categories I, II, or III (i.e. all except residential cul-de-sacs)”
- Ensure you are wearing relevant PPE (including protective eye-wear)
- Ensure existing frame seatings are clear of obstructions and debris.
- Check correct ClickLift™ extension depth is selected (See Table 1)
- Locate the indexed corner of the manhole cover frame and align with the indexed corner of ClickLift.
- Ensure installed frame tops and 10mm around them are free of any construction residues in order to allow ClickLift™ fitment to engage fully.
- Check alignment with frame and ‘click’ into place, tapping around the ClickLift perimeter to ensure ClickLift is fully engaged.
- Ensure tabs on ClickLift are hooked under the internal lip of the existing frame.
- Re-introduce manhole cover elements into newly installed ClickLift.
- Optional application of a settable bitumen liquid around the installed ClickLift assembly to act as a seal/adhesive for the final asphalt surfacing course.
|ClickLift depth height extension||Marking on ClickLift 600mm c/o||Marking on ClickLift 675mm c/o|
|+ 30mm||600 x 600 x 30mm||675 x 675 x 30mm|
|+ 40mm||600 x 600 x 40mm||675 x 675 x 40mm|
|+ 50mm||600 x 600 x 50mm||675 x 675 x 50mm|
|+60mm||600 x 600 x 60mm||675 x 675 x 60mm|