Wrekin are pleased to announce the development and launch of TreeBunker™ tree root development system. The TreeBunker™ system is the latest generation of underground soil containment systems for trees in hard landscaping.
TreeBunker™ consists of a base unit, structural posts, which can be manufactured in various lengths, and a top unit, which when combined, create a structural void,
which provides unlimited expansion for unimpeded root growth, at the same time as supporting traffic loadings for new trees.
The high strength assembled system is suitable for up to 15 tonne axle wheel loads.
Research has proven that trees planted in the urban landscape, with the correct amount of available soil, live longer and provide the same benefits as trees in the rural landscape.
The units are 600mm x 600mm in cross section. The structural posts can be produced in various lengths up to 1.4m making TreeBunker™ the most flexible system of its type on the market.
Trees and Stormwater Management:
Trees play an important part in managing the water cycle. Natural evapotranspiration accounts for approx. 70% of all rain water that falls on a tree. This, combined with 25% of the soil infill volume available for water management, means trees can play a vital role in eliminating costly SuDS packages.
Bioremediation, by filtration through the soil, treats rain water runoff providing a true source control solution.
Planting larger trees with large amounts of soil reduces flooding and the subsequent problems associated, such as erosion issues, polluting of water courses and of course, loss of property, with the possibility of further, more severe losses.
Wrekin Technical Support:
Wrekin products provide full design and installation support from project through all stages to project delivery. Please contact our technical team for more details, product brochure or to arrange a product demonstration at your offices.
Benefits of using TreeBunker™:
- Variable system height, between 400mm and 1400mm
- Designed to support heavy traffic loads whilst maintaining pavement integrity
- Provides unhindered root growth for large species of trees
- Quick and cost effective installation and easy to fill with any soil
- Large spacing between legs of structure ensures roots will grow without being restrained
- Made from 100% recyclable, long lasting and inert plastics
- Modular system for design flexibility
- TreeBunker™ can be installed in curves down to 5m radius without additional products
- Utility friendly, designed for easy utility maintenance and repair
- Combines storm water management and root growth, up to 25% of the volume is available for water infiltration
- 95% of volume available for soil infill
- Withstands vertical and lateral loadings