Wrekin is a British company and one of the UK’s leading suppliers of steel access covers. We design and manufacture under ISO 9001 quality systems an extensive range galvanized to BS EN ISO 1461 of both single seal and double seal/locked designs including:
- solid tops in pressed steel
- solid tops in fabricated chequer plate in single, twin and multiple units
- recessed tops to allow infill using blocks or concrete
- more complex and bespoke designs incorporating hinges, torsion springs, safety grilles, security locking and other variations
We have developed a number of features and design improvements that have been incorporated into many of our products which include:
- Notchless die drawn corners on pressed tops giving
- No sharp exposed edges
- No cut exposed edges improve corrosion resistance
- Continuous surface seal – better for avoiding water ingress and odours
- Pattern designs to avoid water pooling
- Seals made using a EPDM ‘O’ ring gasket giving improved gasket compression and seal
- Reinforced keyways in block pavoirs help avoid distortion of the keyway
- Concrete key feature in block pavoirs frame gives improved bond to bedding material
Wrekin have over 30 years experience in the design and manufacture of specialist fabricated access covers & frames. Our innovative approach to design & manufacture allow us to offer cover solutions for any chamber size, in any location.
We provide a comprehensive design service, from site surveys to specific CAD drawings, our aim is to tailor a product that provides the most cost effective access cover solution. Our service includes installation guides system. Our design service & product quality has helped to establish Wrekin as a leading authority in the design and fabrication of specialist access cover systems.
Our chequer plate access cover range is suitable for a faster moving (up to 20 mph) one of the most versatile products we manufacture. A large number of standard sizes, frame depths and options are available in single, double and multiple units. In addition non standard units can be manufactured on request.